Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Making a commitment is the First Step!

I am starting this blog in hopes to reach at least one person and help them achieve and maintain their fitness/health goals.  It's not easy, but the reward you get when you achieve it is one of the best feelings one can have.

The first step in achieving any goal is you have to commit yourself to it.  Ten months ago I made a commitment to myself that I was going to get fit and healthy for myself and for my family.  After having a baby, your priorities change.  But, you still have to make time for yourself.  This was something I struggled with.  How in the world was I to find time for myself?  I am a full time working mom, with a brand new baby.  I commute 30 plus minutes back and forth from work daily.  The last thing I want to do is take anymore time away from my family.

Well, my "me" time is at 4:30 am every morning with a wonderful group of people I now call my crossift family.  Yes, I said 4:30 am.  I get my day started off on the right foot.  I head out the door while my husband and baby boy are still sleeping.  I go and push my-self to the limit and I love every minute of it.  In the past 10 months I have transformed my body into something I never thought was achievable for me.  I can lift more weight than I ever dreamed, run faster, and I have more energy than I had in my 20's.  Crossfit has become a blessing to me and my family.  It gives me and my husband something to talk about.  We have common goals and we want to set a healthy example for our child. 

In this blog I will share what I am doing on a daily basis to reach and maintain my goals.  I will share my meal plans with you, products I believe in that help me stay focused and energized, and maybe some before and after pics if I get that brave.

Next Sunday, April 6th I will be starting the Advocare 10 day cleanse.  I will post meal ideas, pics, and excerise ideas.  Stay tuned.......














No comments:

Post a Comment