Monday, April 7, 2014

Day 1: AdvoCare 10 day Herbal Cleanse

Why the AdvoCare 10 day Cleanse?


It's not just about a drink.  You get to eat real food. For the next 10 days, I will be sharing with you meal ideas and snack ideas as well as exercises you can do at home. I do not claim to be a dietitian or a fitness expert, but I am sharing what I am doing as a full time mom and what works for me.  I like my meals to be simple and quick.  I like to maximize my exercises to get that most out of them in what little time I have.  So here we go and remember to drink lots of water.

Fiber Drink:  Not as bad as I thought it was going to be.  Mix it with cold water or a low calorie drink of your choice (I mixed mine with Spark) and drink it FAST.  I mean chug it...DO NOT let it sit.


Breakfast:  Two scrambled eggs with 2 pieces of bacon.

Mid Morning snack:  Banana with 1 Tablespoon of Almond butter.
*Note-  always have a source of protein at every meal.

Lunch:  Taco salad-  My favorite healthy go to.  All you need is baby spring mix, a pound of lean meat, (I used 1lb 99% fat free ground turkey and 1lb ground sirloin.  I made extra so that I could have it on hand for meals throughout the week) taco seasoning, and salsa.  I was lucky enough to find some homemade salsa in the pantry from this past summer that my mom had made.


Around 1:00 I needed an energy boost so I had what I call my new lifesaver.  Spark!  Seriously if you have never tried it, it is the best thing ever.  It is full of vitamins and no sugar.  So much better for you than coffee or a soda.


Mid afternoon Snack: 1/2 avocado and 1 egg. Again I like simple and quick so this was done in the microwave.  Remember to cover and cook slowly because it will explode!


Dinner: Baked pork chops, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, and cantaloupe for dessert.  I keep a freezer full of steam-able veggies.  They are quick, easy, and taste great.



Exercise of the day:  5 rounds of a 400 meter run/jog/walk and 15 Double Unders or 45 Single Unders.

Meal planning for the rest of the week. 

Breakfast for next week:
Breakfast casserole- 1 dozen eggs, package of onions and peppers, and one can of drained rotel.  Sautée your veggies then mix with your eggs and rotel.  Put in 9x9 dish and bake at 375 for 45 minutes.





Tomorrow's lunch:  Left over pork chop, sweet pototes, and steam-able creamed spinach.

Stay tuned for Day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment