Monday, April 21, 2014

Day 11: Eating Cleaner with the AdvoCare 24 Day challenge



Why eat healthy...  Because it just feels good!  I have felt so much better over the past few weeks while eating cleaner.  I am not near as sluggish, my energy level is higher, and my whole attitude has been more positive.  So, no I don't feel like I am missing out when I don't go for that fresh hot doughnut in the lounge.  

Breakfast:  Omelet with bacon, tomatoes, jalapeños, and salsa.

Mid-morning snack:  Nature Valley Protein Bar


Lunch:  I went to the Green Leaf Grill with a friend.  They offer many healthy  choices and use fresh local ingredients.  We had their Rosemary pork chop with, steamed broccoli, and snow peas.  

Mid-Afternoon Snack: Handful of Almonds and Grape Spark for a little energy.

Dinner:  Portobello mushroom Pizza, topped with seasoned deer meat, turkey pepperoni, tablespoon of pizza sauce, and low fat mozzarella cheese, with a side salad.  I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile and I loved it. 



Here is the how to for the portobello pizza.

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place mushroom on a baking sheet with stem removed and cook for 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and top with pizza sauce and toppings and bake for another 10 minutes.  

Exercise of the day:  3 rounds of 200m run, 10 dips, 10 push ups, and 15 squats Followed by 50 sit-ups, 50 burpees, 50 sit-ups 100 single unders





No comments:

Post a Comment