Friday, April 10, 2015

Week One- Meal Ideas and Grocery List (Advocare 24 Day Challenge)

After facing a few road blocks these past couple of months I am excited to start back my training and healthy eating lifestyle.  The 24 day AdvoCare challenge is a great jump start.  I will be starting this on April the 13th and I am excited to have a great group of people on this journey with me and to help me stay motivated.

Each week I will post meal ideas and a grocery list for the following week.  I will do a lot of my meal prepping the Sunday before and will post tips through out the week on how to stay on track and keep motivated. 

At the end of each day I will post everything that I have eaten that day so you can get an idea of portion size and meal plans.  I will have breakfast, a mid-morning snack, lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, and dinner. 
I also don't like food to go to waste so lots of times I will have left overs as my lunch.  So here goes...enjoy...have fun...and stay focused!! 

Breakfast Ideas: 
Mini vegetable and egg frittatas 
Oatmeal with 1/2 banana and tablespoon of almond butter

Snack Ideas:
Beef jerky
Apple and a handful of almond
1/2 avocado with sunflower seeds ( trust me...it's good)
Popcorn- I like Sea Salt and Butter Skinny Girl
Hard boiled egg and 1/2 avocado
Cuties
Greek Yogurt
                
Lunch Ideas:  
Avocado Chicken Salad in lettuce wraps (or whole wheat tortillas if you are trying to
wean yourself off carbs
Salmon, guacamole, bacon wrap - with left over salmon.
Salads-  Salads are great during the summer time. 
I also love all the mason jar salads that allow you to pre-make them and take to work.
Left overs....    

Dinner Ideas:
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers and side salad
Salmon This is just an idea on how to cook, but you can cook anyway just keep it 
healthy.
Bunless Hamburger- Again this is just an example. Be creative!
                       
Side Ideas: 
Garlic Roasted broccoli
Sweet Potatos
Side Salads
Veggies, veggies, veggies


Here are a few things you can meal prep on Sunday.  Click on the link for recipes.

Avocado Chicken Salad
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Mini vegetable and egg fritatas-  Sounds fancy but they are really just egg muffins!
Hard Boiled eggs to have for snacks
Bacon-  I always fry it up and then regrigrate it.  When I go to warm it up, I wrap it in paper towels and cook in microwave for about 45secs to 1minute to get it crispy again.
Grill a batch of chicken... you can even grill your hamburger pattys for later in the week. 

The key is to just be prepared and have a game plan so you won't get side tracked as easily when you are tired or don't have a lot of time.  By doing this you will soon find what works for you!

Grocery list:
Chicken breast- (2-3 for chicken salad or more if you plan a grilling to use in salads or for other
meals through out the week)
Salmon
Ground Chuck- for burgers
Ground Turkey- 1(lb)
Bacon
Steak (lean)
1dozen eggs
3-4 avocados (will be used in chicken salad and for snacks)
guacamole
onion
limes
cilantro
quinoa (or brown rice)- this is for stuffed peppers
salsa
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
taco seasoning
wheat tortilla wraps
broccolli
sweet potato
Mixed veggies (frozen)- for egg muffins
almonds
Beef Jerky
Greek yogurt-  I like Chobani's strawberry Greek yogurt
Apples
Oranges or cuties
Popcorn
Any other fruit or veggies that you my like




No comments:

Post a Comment